Many of the landscapes or places that inspired Vincent van Gogh can still be visited. Examples include the little church in Nuenen, the wheat fields in Auvers or the psychiatric institution in Saint-Rémy. Over 18 sites and museums are affiliated with Van Gogh Europe to preserve and promote Van Gogh's heritage.
Discover Vincent's life and art
Thanks to Van Gogh Europe, you can follow in Vincent van Gogh's footsteps and visit the places where he has been. More than 18 locations and museums in the Netherlands, Belgium, England and France, including the Drents Museum, are affiliated with Van Gogh Europe. Together they are committed to preserving and promoting Van Gogh's heritage. Van Gogh Europe does this by setting up and supporting educational projects and tourist activities.
Book one of the special Van Gogh Europe trips, organised in collaboration with SRC Reizen.
Want to know more about Van Gogh Europe? Send your question to project manager Sarah Dekker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Van Gogh Europe
Van Gogh Europe is a foundation with a board, which meets several times a year. The board consists of:
Alain van der Horst, chairman (Head of Corporate Communication & PR, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam)
Ellen ter Hofstede, treasurer (Head of Public, Drents Museum, Assen)
Anne-Sophie Foron, secretary (Head of Visitors & Communications, Fondation Vincent van Gogh Arles)
Livia Wang, general board member (Creative director, Van Gogh House London
Natacha Vandenberghe, general board member (Director Culture and Tourism Mons)
The following heritage sites and museums are affiliated with Van Gogh Europe.
- Van Gogh Museum
- Kröller-Müller Museum
- Het Noordbrabrants Museum
- Van Gogh Brabant (incl. Vincentre Nuenen, Vincent van Goghhuis Zundert and Van Gogh Kerk Etten-Leur)
- Drents Museum
- Van Goghhuis Nieuw-Amsterdam
- Centraal Museum Utrecht
- Atout France, Amsterdam
- Maison de Van Gogh, Cuesmes
- Maison de Van Gogh, Petit-Wasme
- Bureau de Culture et Tourisme Ville de Mons
- Verenigd Koninkrijk
Van Gogh House, London
- Musée d’Orsay, Parijs
- Institut Van Gogh/ Maison de Van Gogh, Auvers-sur-Oise
- Van Gogh Roots, Auvers-sur-Oise
- Gemeente Asnières-sur-Seine
- Fondation Vincent van Gogh Arles
- Saint-Paul-de-Mausole & Musée Estrine, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence